Tuesday, December 30, 2008

WATCHES 12/31

HSNI GRS CMLS IMAX VRNM MMPI SPIR KFN IDMCQ AGXM HTM HTMX GOM EVC GASS NFLD EMAG CWST NFP NLC SOL FIG LINE TSL IFX GMO AMCN BPZ OZM SMI SRI CKEC CAEI BPUR NEXM VTLP AOAG DNN KRY NURO

Another reason to love the ib premarket scan is "the time in scan" feature.
It shows the late hits like VTLP today.
[Tue Dec 30_09:27:41 EST 2008] Muddy VTLP late,big
If you've read Mike13ths post,"I'm gonna try"(and I bet 1/2 in the current chat haven't by the pm's I get)he points out the angle with these late hits.
[Tue Dec 30_09:34:32 EST 2008] Muddy VTLP 650% hods
I jumped it right at the open,one big factor it was a 0 vol stock.
2 minutes later:
[Tue Dec 30_09:36:40 EST 2008] Muddy 900%
[Tue Dec 30_09:36:56 EST 2008] anon says: VTLP is not real…. I would not touch it
my reply:
[Tue Dec 30_09:38:06 EST 2008] Muddy it’s been touched:),anon
yeah by ME,I know the power of former 0 volume stocks.
2 years ago I posted this on GOTS.... http://greenonthescreen.blogspot.com/2007/01/100-stocks.html
PLUS on GOTS,under "important posts" is the post FORMER ZERO VOLUME STOCKS

so what happens after I say it's a 0 vol stock in chat?
I get at least a half dozen folks pm'ing me asking....what's a zero volume stock...guys read the blog,at least the "important posts"...
[Tue Dec 30_10:04:20 EST 2008] Muddy VTLP mil shrs
[Tue Dec 30_10:04:45 EST 2008] Muddy VTLP 0 yest vol

As posted on 12/24:
AVR I'm still in short o/n from .96 entry,down another 21% today for paper profit of 41% or $1200 so far.

Still holding short as no signs of green yet,love the sliders,closed at .44 today.
Look at that beautiful chart!

6 comments:

klynn55 said...

stocks where volume is 500 percent above average volume(90)
and price is between .05 and 20
and date offset is 0

zero volume scan from GOS would not have picked up VTLP! the volume came today. so how can you screen for 0 volume stocks?

James Krieger said...

klynn55, you don't scan for the 0 volume ones. It was a hit on IB's preleader list, and all you have to do is look at the chart before the market opens and you'll see it's practically had no volume before that

islandminister said...

Great trading today guys (and good to see lmSmith posting)- I read the posts AH because I still work for others :) Sometimes I see comments like 'took a full position', or 'half'- Is that a % of your account you're referring to? Your answer will help me understand how much the 'professional' traders risk on each trade. Also, if you do have a small account, say around 5k, is trading even realistic? I know Syke's answer, but just wondered what you guys thought. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

anyone hear anything about the broker "Trade Wall Street Financial"...lionmaster from thelion.com is recommending it... would like to know if they have more shares to short than TOS and/or as much as IB

Anonymous said...

Thanks Muddy for your DarkSide posts. What a great opportunity you give us to learn.
I am continuously impressed by your ability to "see/find" your stocks so quickly into their moves.
My question is, what signals other than Scott do you use to grab the "movers" of the day? One of your recent post pointing out the importance of IB's "Time in Scan" feature got me thinking that there may be other indicators in the set-up of your watchlists that you use as you scroll through, indicating a move is imminent. I know you like to look for "jiggy" but are there others such as certain colors in columns or sound alerts that catch your eye if you miss them on Scott?
Thanks so much.
How about EMAG yesterday from the IB Pre-list? Nice move in that one too. Love that Pre-List!

ICS Cyber Security said...

I was wondering if you have an update recommendation on how to best connect the two for a true ATS.

Binary options brokers