Tuesday, December 9, 2008

WATCHES 12/10

SRZ HIG DRYS XJT CCRT PODD CHUX GNW AKRX EXM CPY FREE CTZN EGLE CPE SBLK XCO GSI ATPG HOLI KEI OCNF SB CHK CX AKS HK GNK STEM DSX IVN OREX NNBR SPC KERX PWAV NOBL VNBC PDRT

Shorted NOBL at .745,really doubt this can hold huge gains from today
Also short CHUX DRYS o/n..might be wrong on DRYS,but watch for pull of 4% off hods to short...CHUX i hope a longer hold
If shippers start to sink FREE is the short imo..I've seen it lose 20% in minutes before...really low float,no pun but watch if breakdown of $2...it might still run over2.long until the breakdown

6 comments:

James Krieger said...

I'm staying away from the shippers with my limited day trades...too unpredictable. CPY looks good though

Anonymous said...

TRW?

James Krieger said...

OT question….does reserving shares on IB actually work? I know about putting in a high limit order and then changing it later in Thinkorswim, but I’ve tried that in IB before and I’m not sure it actually does anything. Do you know? If it does work in IB, then I would’ve reserved shares of CPY today when they were still available

Anonymous said...

Muddy you are the man. After I read your post last night I had FREE on my watchlist and I saw the shippers were declining and the 10/60 cross on a 5 min chart was getting close to cross to the down side and then you alerted in the room that you just shorted it. I shorted it at 2.09 and covered at 1.76 for a cool $330.

Thanks
Cash

Anonymous said...

Yngvai, I've wondered about this myself and I don't think it does. I've noticed that sometimes even though I have shares supposedly reserved with a high limit order, the indicator will change to dark green meaning the stock can no longer be shorted.

James Krieger said...

Anon, you're right. I confirmed with a rep at IB today....you can't reserve shares