Tuesday, December 23, 2008

WATCHES 12/24

HSNI TRBCQ BIOD GRS WGAT EPIX HCD FBN PALM MMAB PHK GFG JAV CBL STV ANV BXC GNV VTG OESX CMLS CPY EMAG IMAX WOLF MBLX SPAR ANPI LFGRQ VIAP UIS HPSO CAR PMU

As mentioned in last nights post,was o/n long HCD,got the 2 buck cross and more,sold at 2.22 for tidy 47% no sweat profit.
Also from post,still short DDSS from 1.49

Another thing,this was a comment I made back on a 11/20 post....
"I didn't just first short LEA today,I first shorted it at 1.40 on 11/14 then added another full at 1.50
then on 11/18 I added another full at 1.40 and then added a fourth full today at 1.14 and a fifth at 1.31.

So I'm in average short at 1.35 on a $17.5k position"

Why it pays to have a larger acct,or play smaller positions on smaller acct's, and not trade with "scared money"...that is a big position for me but when LEA ran big on me I never wavered..it's junk,these shorts most always come down,now I'm in the money nice with a 1.20 close today.Greedy yes.i'm holding

One more thing...
New folks want to know how I catch the big runs....I've said it 100's of times...I CANNOT TRADE without the scottrade scrolling hod list...do you hear that newbs! THAT is how I catch them PLUS I run scans nightly(for years!) and I know the ones that can run...I run hundreds of charts a week..If you think this is easy,sorry,it ain't....like it's it's been said before...get serious or I'll and others that know the game inside out will take your money...newbs get serious or play the AAPL's of the world....these stocks aren't just fun and games,they will wipe your acct if you don't know what you are doing..STUDY STUDY STUDY......

Example of watching that hod list and knowing your stocks,from chat today....

[Tue Dec 23_15:07:28 EST 2008] Muddy pharma alert ANPI
ANPI was .21 at the time,I got in just before the alert at .20,it closed at .38.. 90% on a stock that I knew from way back that hit that hod list,a stock no way in the world did I ever have on a scan to watch today...still holding the 1ST day pharma runner for possible more on open

AVR a great short today on the $1 breakdown,big run chart from .35 to .98 in 4 days,these don't last forever,scope them for a breakdown,,,to me the break of EVEN 1 was my signal..again greedy,holding o/n

chatlogs from today.....
http://www.investorslive.com/2008/12/23/doubler-angiotech-pharmaceuticals-inc-anpi-chat-logs-122308/

Check out the action on VIAP,alerted in Premarket(another thing,80% of the new folks don't even use this,it's the most powerful thing of the day!,then they ask short or long!,like, I don't know.don't be so lazy and WATCH THE ACTION,these for sure are gonna be volatile if that's what you are looking for)

I took VIAP from .195 to .33 then .30 to .41,also on a stock that no way in the world was I ever watching before a half hour before the open
Big thanks to IL for hosting chat/posting chatlogs !!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Muddy,

Could you please tell which ones you watch for premarket moves ? I look at nasdaq pre market, but it is limited. There is no penny there anyways.

I have gotten account from scottrade just for HOD/LOD list and I am able to appreciate more when you tell newbs on that.

Thanks
seattle_guy

Walter Sobchak said...

All the pre hits are listed in chat just before market open. So you can catch them there.
-Adam

Anonymous said...

Great post Muddy! We've all learned so much from you!!! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

these idiot newbies need my instructional DVDs, not because i say so, but to reduce the amount of dumb question/risk of both s just shutting up and plundering the dumbasses for more trading profits

Ron said...

Hello Muddy

I have been watching RVI and think its following the "slider" pattern similiar to CHUX.

I was curious to see from learning on the CHUX paper trade that the "slider" pattern for RVI was a correct call??

Thank You
Ron