Monday, August 25, 2008

WATCHES 8/26

A bunch of stuff worked short today.
Most notably HDLM a 8/22 watch,also mentioned by Timothy Sykes the other day.
BESN also on both mine and Tim's.
MITI CHTL both worked.

SNMX and VIFL which I'm still short in good drops.
Will cover VIFL on first sign of green,have very big profit so far there.

From watches today caught both QI and VITA short,both easy borrows on IB.
Tried to get OGXI but couldn't get borrows,should have got them Friday when there were.
Never near green today and fell 20%.

Nailed STSI almost on the exact b/o from scott hod list.
I knew it had news pending with RJReynolds and caught it nice at 1.85 on it's volume/price spike.

(Aug 25-11:02) 13th_Floor: big pop STSI
(Aug 25-11:02) 13th_Floor: vol spike too

tomorrow my tops short watches :

GBRC FEED RHD TMA BIPH EXAS TRX XDSL

XDSL a jason fuller pump ,b/o at exact moment of email alert Friday.
I'm just waiting,waiting for red.....if the true pennies bother you,please leave them alone...plentty out there without them...I just love the chase.
TRX watching for the premarket gap up tomorrow...,didn't hit the pre leader board today and opened up,ran huge

5 comments:

Habsfan50 said...

Hi 13th and Laura, could you tell me where you shorted on QI and VITA? Did you short both of these based on green to red? Although VITA looks like it was red all day.
I caught HDLM short, amazing drop. Too bad I only had a small position.
Thanks.

Unknown said...

13th, I was surfing SF forums and came across your short filter, green to red. As of tonight, doing the scan. I see CSUN and IUSA as being short tomorrow, am I correct to say that? Thanks

Anonymous said...

habs,

I often short if a stock opens red if it's on main watch list.
one would miss a ton of decent opps if they waited for only green to reds,many of the best never go green but drop all day

Raymond, yes you are correct.
Yesterday HDLM from the filter was awesome and KRY nice.
Again you do NOT need green to red action to short.
It is just a bit safer imo for beginners.Less headfakes it seems

The filter for the "red floaters":

stocks where close is above upper bollinger band(20)and close is below open and price is between .5 and 20 and volume is greater than 200000

Unknown said...

Thanks for getting back to me. I will save the filter!

johnnyvento said...

hey Muddy,

You coming back to the chat? I'm looking forward to watching you work.