Monday, September 1, 2008

WATCHES 9/2

BTIM NCEN JAGH PGOG BDSI KRY JMBA BBX GLOB COIN UPFC DLIA LTON LMRA VUOC GBRC MTG IAR HTM GRZ APPY BIOF AVGN TAYD CRZ OTIV GEYH AXGC HMDEF LCCI SIGA

In short DLIA at 2.62
In short BBX at 1.82
In long SIGA at 2.80

LCCI shortable on IB,the top gainer at 168% but spread was bad/awful Friday and gonna gap down Tues no doubt,alot of chatter short about it,BE CAREFUL on that gapdown short if happens,I don't want to get trapped in this either way....watch the spread!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

how about CHFI

Anonymous said...

Hi Muddy,
How did you find SIGA to go long at 2.80? What was the clue that made you buy SIGA there? Trying to learn. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

1st anon,
I didn't include CHFI because of the huge vol decrease to 20k Fri.

i watched it trade that day and for me the spread was untradable.
Today it confirmed my suspicions as it traded less than 1,000 shares on untradable spread.
Shame it was a great watch but that happens to some of these.
That's why I like to have alot of watches,I want to trade only the ones with a spread/volume I can handle.

2nd anon,

I caught SIGA right as it began to pop on the Scott hod list.
I know that it's "newsy" at times and it can run big at times.

From Mikes post "I'm gonna try" on GOTS:

1. I can not live without the scrolling Scott hod lists.
Muddy showed me how it was possible to get 20,30,40,even over 50% profits in minutes to a few hours using this. Last week I caught MESA and LGND almost at the start of their runs.
Never had them on any lists,only saw them on the hod list,which brings me to this.......

2. KNOWING former runners and stocks that have hit these scans I run more than normal stocks do. Both MESA and LGND I knew from that way.The only way to get them in your head is to study each nights scans and either write down multiple repeaters or try to remember them.
Watching hours of scrolling hod list helps a bunch too.

From my post on GOTS about former runners:

http://tiny.cc/j4oBK