Tuesday, October 28, 2008

THE VALUE OF THE CHAT

Why it's important to not have too much chit chat during trading hours,so that one can see alerts more easily.
VIP was just one example yesterday.
It was first alerted by Tortexal as getting near green(note:the timestamp is not correct in the log yesterday,but you get the idea)

(Oct 27-16:14) tortexal: VIP almost green

Then Laura and I both chimed in less than a minute later.
(Oct 27-16:47) tortexal: VIP pop HOD
(Oct 27-16:48) Laura: yes VIP
(Oct 27-16:48) Muddy: yes

Then because knowing well VIP from the past I commented:
(Oct 27-16:48) Muddy: runs good at times on green hit
(Oct 27-15:07) Muddy: VIP no doubt should break 8,hit more hods

VIP not only ran well on green at 7.40, it ran great.
It did break the $8 mark and ran to a hod of 9.07 at eod.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes VIP was a great catch I also spotted it and wasnt on the blog, I guess I am learning. I also profited from it. BEAV was also a good short yesterday, although I didnt get in i still recognized the trade. Thanks for all you do here.

IL Torello said...

Muddy my teacher...thank you! DIN...crazy crazy crazy and I know you're gonna pounce on it on any sign of red. You are indeed a great teacher and I have learned TONS from you guys! I want to be where you guys are at now...one day. iL Torello aka Eb.

IL Torello said...

Muddy...I feel honored that you stop by my website. Humbled and honored.

Student Investor said...

I just started blogging about my path towards becoming a value investor.

you can click on my name, and go to my blog on my profile.

check it out!

thanks for publishing this comment.